Caring for hair wefts is essential to maintain their quality and prolong their lifespan. Here are some tips on how to care for hair wefts:
- Washing & Conditioning: Use a sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoo to wash the hair wefts. Gently massage the shampoo into the hair, avoiding rough movements that could tangle or damage the wefts. Rinse thoroughly with cool water. Try to only wash two or three times a week. Max. To get through the week with as little washes as possible, pick up a great dry shampoo. Apply a good-quality conditioner to the hair, focusing on the mid-lengths to ends. Avoid applying conditioner directly to the root area or the weft attachment points, as this can weaken the bond.
- Detangling: Use a wide-tooth comb or a special loop brush designed for hair extensions to detangle the hair gently. Start from the ends and work your way up to the roots, being careful not to tug or pull excessively. Brush often, detangle each morning + before bed at night. Place your hand at the top of your weft to avoid extreme pulling or tugging when brushing your hair.
- Drying: Pat the hair wefts dry with a towel to remove excess water. Avoid rubbing or wringing the hair, as this can cause tangling. Let the hair air dry whenever possible to minimize heat damage.
- Bedtime Care: Before going to bed, loosely braid or tie the hair in a low ponytail to prevent tangling while sleeping. You can also use a silk or satin pillowcase, as these materials create less friction and reduce the risk of hair breakage.
- Avoiding Chemicals: Minimize exposure to chlorine from swimming pools and saltwater from the ocean, as they can be harsh on the hair and cause fading or dryness. If you swim, wear a swimming cap or rinse the hair immediately after to remove any harmful chemicals.
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule regular maintenance appointments with a professional stylist to ensure the wefts are secure and in good condition. They can also trim any split ends to keep the hair looking healthy.
- Avoiding Heavy Products: Avoid using heavy styling products or oils near the weft attachment points, as this can lead to slippage and premature loosening of the wefts.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Curl, style, dye to darker color.
- Wash, dry, brush gently, always from root to end.
- Use heat protection.
- Sleep with a silk pillow.
Click the image below to know more about hair care.