Hand-tied Weft Hair Extensions: Everything You Should Know
What Are Hand-tied Weft Extensions?
The advantages and disadvantages of Hand-tied Weft Hair Extensions
Hand-tied wefts are one of the best choices for hair extensions. They grant you—the stylist—the perfect opportunity for giving your clients comfortable hair extensions while also leaving them with undamaged hair that they can customize to their liking. However, hand-tied hair extension also has its own dark side. Here are a few pros and cons:
(1)The Advantages of Hand-tied Weft Hair Extensions
There are plenty of reasons why hand-tied may be a better option than other hair extensions, including the following:
- Glamourous volume, fullness, and length that looks 100% natural
- Very little stress on the scalp or the roots with the proper installation method
- No tension, tugging, or damage to the natural hair
- Unlimited styling possibilities (including ponytails, buns, and updo styles)
- Relatively undetectable as rows lay flat to the head, even in fine, thin, or sleek hair
- Appropriate for active lifestyles, including swimming, and high temperatures
- Can be customized in color for the ultimate match to the natural hair
- Can be layered to give proper weight distribution based on natural hair density
- These extensions do not require an application of adhesive or heat, so a removal product is not necessary, and there is no residue left behind after removal.
- Initial installation requires a significant investment of both times (2-5 hours) and money.
- Extensions must be moved up every 6-8 weeks as the hair grows out
- Frequent brushing and maintenance are needed to keep hand-tied extensions looking their best
- You must dry the attachment area well since leaving it wet can lead to mold in the hair and knotting.
How Are Hand-tied Weft Hair Extensions Installed?
Hand-tied extensions are a method where a stylist attaches beads onto a row of a client’s natural hair, similar to the beaded weft method.
In the world of wefts, hand-tied extensions have begun to pick up popularity in recent years. Hand-tied wefts are one of the best choices for hair extensions. They grant you—the stylist—the perfect opportunity for giving your clients comfortable hair extensions while also leaving them with undamaged hair that they can customize to their liking.